LASIK or ‘Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis’ is one of the most trusted laser eye surgeries for the treatment lasikasaof Myopia (near-sightedness), Hyperopia (far-sightedness), and Astigmatism (blurred vision). This laser vision correction technique is performed on the cornea so that light entering the eye can be focused on the retina for clearer vision. LASIK will completely eliminate your dependence on spectacles or contact lenses in a short 15 minute surgery.
What Is Custom Lasik?
Custom LASIK is a procedure that involves the use of a wavefront analyzer which helps the surgeon to customize the LASIK procedure to every individual eye. Customized procedure enables a person to see clearer and shaper than before and thus improves the quality of vision.
Custom LASIK uses an equipment called the wavefront analyzer (aberrometer) to accurately measure the way light travels through the eye.The resulting map of the eye is then programmed into the laser, which then treats the eye, based on the personalized 3Dmap. Custom LASIK helps to treat “higher order” aberrations,which are tiny imperfections in the optical system of the eye. They have a significant impact on the quality of vision especially at night . In fact, higher order aberrations are not treatable with contact lenses, glasses or conventional LASIK.
Is Custom Lasik Procedure Same As Conventional Lasik ?
The procedure for both custom LASIK and Conventional is the same but the pre-assessment tests differ greatly. The wavefront analyzer used with custom LASIK brings a whole new level of knowledge and accuracy for the surgeon to perform this advanced procedure. This treatment has a significant impact on quality of vision and eliminates the problem of glare and halos at night. Topography, Aberrometry and Pachymetry are pre-operative tests required.
Opti Lasik combines today’s advanced surgical technologies into a procedure optimized for individual vision needs with minimum tissue ablation.
- Many measurements are taken to determine the unique shape of the eye
- The Laser reshapes the cornea using energy pulses based on the individual unique correction profile
- This allows incoming light to be precisely focused on the retina.
- Smooth treatments
- High level of comfort
- Excellent accuracy
- Proven safety
Epi-LASIK is a newer laser eye surgery procedure that was developed to solve some of the potential problems with LASIK and LASEK. It’s somewhat of a cross between the two, but differs in a few key areas. With advent of Intralase Bladfree technique Epi-lasik is now obsolete.
Presbyopia-test1PreLEX treatment (Presbyopic Refractive Lens Exchange) is a lens replacement procedure wherein the natural lens is replaced with a multi-focal intra-ocular lens implant. This is done to improve vision for those generally above the age of 40, as it is after this age that one’s eye sight begins to naturally become weak—causing blurred near vision while reading or working at the computer, or blurred far vision when looking at something from a distance.
ICL (implantable collamer lenses)
ICL are an alternative to LASIK and PRK eye surgery for severe myopia (nearsightedness)or high hypermetropia ( far sightedness) or in cases with very thin cornea where LASIK is contraindicated, and in some cases produce better and more predictable vision outcomes than laser refractive surgery. ICLs are clear implantable lenses that are surgically placed either between the iris and natural lens without removing the natural lens. ICLs enable light to focus properly on the retina for clearer vision without corrective eyewear. Surgery is a minimally invasive daycare procedure that is very safe.
ICL Vs Contact lenses
Implantable lenses function like contact lenses to correct eye power. The difference is that ICLs work from within your eye instead of sitting on the surface of your eye. ICLs offer a permanent correction, whereas contact lenses are temporary and need daily wear and removal. Unlike contact lenses, you can’t feel a phakic intraocular lens in your eye (much like you don’t feel a dental filling for a cavity) and, apart from regular eye exams, ICLs typically do not require any maintenance.
ICLs vs. LASIK Eye Surgery
- LASIK, which uses a computer-controlled laser to reshape the cornea, is the most popular refractive surgery to correct myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism, in part due to continual technological advancements such as wavefront custom LASIK and femtosecond laser technology.
- Not everyone is a candidate for LASIK, though. Contraindications to LASIK surgery include a very high degree of myopia having a cornea that is too thin or irregular in shape; eye conditions such as keratoconus; and chronic dry eyes. In these cases surgery gives excellent results.
- ICL is an additive procedure whereas LASIK is an subtractive procedure
- Bladeless LASIK in Mumbai
- Intralase Lasik – Bladeless Or Blade Free Lasik
- Intralase is a 100% Blade – free approach using ultra high precision Femtosecond Laser for creating the corneal flap with more safety and accuracy. By eliminating the hand held Microkeratome blade used in traditional LASIK for corneal flap creation, patients enjoy highest level of safety. With Intralase, using a computer controlled laser the surgeon delivers rapid pulses of light to a pre-programmed depth and position within the cornea. Also Intralase is able to treat patients with thin corneas which otherwise would have been turned down for Bladed LASIK.
- Is Intralase Safe And Trusted
- The Intralase Method gives your doctor an extremely high degree of surgical control for exceptional outcomes. Millions of procedures have been performed safely and efficiently using the Intra Lase Lasik technique with excellent results.